Art Director - Sci-Fi
Games Jobs - Art / Animation - Manchester
|Job Title||Art Director - Sci-Fi|
|Job Category||Art Director|
|Job Description||Fancy working on one of the most anticipated and ambitious games projects currently in development?
This is an excellent opportunity to work on one of the games industries most technically advanced projects with a team who are pushing the limits of what many people consider possible.
This role requires a dedicated and dynamic individual who can excel both as an artist and as a team leader. As a leader, they will serve as a motivational catalyst for the entire art team producing the masses of vehicles / environments the game requires. As an artist, they will provide both inspiration and direction to execute on the look and feel of an entire fleet of ships and ground vehicles.
• Create concept paintings, models, textures, and other benchmark assets that inspire others, lead and drive by example.
• Provide visual solutions to problems while working in collaboration with other members of the game team, including artists, designers, and engineers.
• Partner with principle staff to own and define assigned aspects of the project as directed.
• Excellent ability to provide art direction to multiple disciplines.
• Work directly with production to ensure that schedules and plans meet business and project needs.
• Partner with art leads to ensure that the team is unified and working towards a common vision and established goals.
• Collaborate with game designers to ensure that art appropriately enhances the player experience.
• Ability to develop new approaches to art that push the visual fidelity of the games universe
• Mentor and manage members of the art team, helping them to refine their skills and grow along their career paths.
• Review and approve assets to ensure that quality standards are met and visual consistency is maintained.
• Provide clear and constructive feedback to artists on their work.
• A minimum of 10 years’ experience creating unparalleled artwork for games and film.
• At least 5 years’ experience as a lead artist or art director.
• A genuine passion for space simulations and science fiction.
• Proven track record of taking the initiative to solve complex problems with excellent follow through.
• Ability to collaborate in a fast-paced environment and work effectively with studios across the globe.
• Expertise in creating a unique and cohesive art style that can be shared and consistently maintained across the project.
• Experience with both 2D and 3D art pipelines.
• Ability to create and optimize art pipelines and workflows, particularly in conjunction with technical artists.
• Clear communication skills both verbally and in writing.
• Multiple shipped AAA titles.
• Expertise with the Lumberyard or similar ( UE4 / Unity ).
• Experience developing high fidelity CG artwork for the film industry.
• Experience directing cinematics, mocap and CG artwork for commercials.
• Strong knowledge in UI and UX.
• Avid and passionate gamer.
If the above sounds like it could be the opportunity you’ve been looking for then get in touch. For a casual chat about the role in more detail call me on 01925 839 722 or drop me an email on firstname.lastname@example.org
|Salary||Excellent salary and benefits DoE|
|Job Category||Art / Animation|
|More||View other Amiqus Games jobs|
|Recruiter||This job is advertised on behalf of Amiqus Games using their internal reference 6744.|
|Login or register to apply||Login Register|