Content Developer (Old School RuneScape)
Games Jobs - Game Design - Cambridge
|Job Title||Content Developer (Old School RuneScape)|
|Job Category||Game Design|
|Job Description||Home to the iconic massive multiplayer online role-playing game RuneScape and its extended family of adventurous titles, we’re a leading games studio that places our players at the heart of everything we do.
We’ve welcomed over 250 million players to RuneScape’s world of enthralling fantasy and, together with our team of passionate game creators, our community helps to shape how our games evolve.
From casting votes on future game content, to interacting with the studio teams in live streams and in chat, we also join together in person at our celebrated fan convention, RuneFest.
Together with our players, we’re united as one Jagex tribe. Together we’re building deep and engaging multiplayer gaming experiences for players everywhere.
HOW YOU CAN CONTIBUTE
Jagex Games Studio is looking for a Content Developer to join the Old School RuneScape team.
The successful candidate will design game updates of various types such as new game areas, PvP updates, mini-games, skills or gameplay improvements as voted for by the community. You must consider the narrative, gameplay, end user experience and technical implementation. The successful candidate will go on to complete full training in our internal scripting language RuneScript.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design new game content that fits the OldSchool game.
- Designing game updates of various types, such as new game areas, PvP updates, mini-games, skills or gameplay improvements as voted for by the community.
- You must consider the narrative, gameplay, end user experience and technical implementation.
- Produce high quality code. Using the internal scripting language, RuneScript.
- Assist in a project’s management. There will be minimal oversight of the projects that you work on.
- You will need the ability to completely own a project through the entire process of development, from design to launch including utilizing the team’s expertise to market and engage the community successfully.
- Engage with the playerbase via forums and social media.
- To behave at all times in a professional manner, maintaining a positive and conscientious work ethic whilst also demonstrating initiative and determination to get the job done.
- To work effectively with colleagues both within the immediate team and across the company whenever necessary.
- To demonstrate a willingness to adapt to the evolving environment of the company, teams and work requirements.
- Drive to learn, grow and improve their current skill set and that of the function.
- Maintaining professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies
WHAT WE OFFER
If you join us you can expect a competitive salary and great benefits like fully paid for gym membership, bonus entitlement, private health care, flexible working, cycle repair and fresh fruit delivered to your team every day. We also have GREAT coffee machines, an onsite canteen and pub and an in-studio cinema! Expect regular team events as well as EPIC company-wide parties to celebrate our successes.
Does this sound like you? We'd love to hear from you! Get in touch.
Jagex are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.
|Location||220 Science Park, Cambridge|
|Job Category||Game Design|
|More||View other Jagex Games Studio jobs|
|Recruiter||This job is advertised on behalf of Jagex Games Studio using their internal reference 2019-1685.|
|Apply for this job|