Senior Game Designer - SUMO DIGITAL, LEAMINGTON SPA
Games Jobs - Game Design - Anywhere
|Job Title||Senior Game Designer - SUMO DIGITAL, LEAMINGTON SPA|
|Job Category||Game Design|
|Job Description||Founded in early 2019, Sumo Leamington is a member of the award-winning Sumo Digital family. We’re one of Sumo’s nine game development studios located across the UK and India, and our goal is to build and grow an industry-leading team here in Royal Leamington Spa.
Managed by industry veterans with ground-breaking titles under their belts, the studio needs to hire the right colleagues to meet our exciting objectives. Whether you’re an industry veteran or straight out of university, we could have a career-defining role for you. If you want to create great games that people will play for years to come, and be there at the beginning of something we know will be truly special, join our team. We look forward to speaking with you!
It’s an exciting time to be part of Sumo, winners of the Develop: Star Awards 2019 Best Studio; big things are on the horizon and we want you to be part of our continued journey. Join us!
The role @ Sumo
We are looking for a passionate Senior Game Designer to join our Leamington studio. This is a great opportunity for a designer specialising in mobile games and/or free to play games running as live services.
Within this role you will:
• Alongside other team members, help create new game pitches or responses to RFPs.
• Hands-on creation and implementation of innovative game systems.
• Work in collaboration with the Product Director to ensure that the overall commercial game vision and high-level monetisation is considered at all stages of development.
• In partnership with the Product & Project owners, define the game vision and high-level experience.
• Work on a wide variety of projects and tasks, helping to review, tweak and balance gameplay.
• Collaborate across disciplines and external partners to facilitate development.
• Create and maintain detailed design documentation.
• Troubleshoot design issues from a creative standpoint.
• Mentor and share knowledge with the team.
• Review and feedback on game design and implementation with the team.
To be successful you will have:
• Knowledge of mobile free to play games, plus key trends and opportunities
• Ability in best practice Live Operations, and Games as a Service approaches.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Experience working in design on one or more released titles.
• A likable and approachable personality, with a desire to collaborate with and motivate those around you.
• A passionate love of mobile games with a strong understanding of modern systems design.
• 5+ years in game development.
|Salary||Based on experience|
|Job Category||Game Design|
|More||View other Sumo Digital jobs|
|Recruiter||This job is advertised on behalf of Sumo Digital using their internal reference 2d62bdcf-978e-4592-a88a-cfb5e041792f.|
|Apply for this job|