Technical Artist - THE CHINESE ROOM, BRIGHTON
Games Jobs - Art / Animation - Brighton
|Job Title||Technical Artist - THE CHINESE ROOM, BRIGHTON|
|Job Category||Technical Artist|
|Job Description||The Chinese Room have established a reputation as one of the most creative and exciting studios in the UK. We’re very proud to be seen internationally as pioneers of storytelling with a flair for creating atmospheric, rich and imaginative games. Our titles include the groundbreaking Dear Esther (2012), cult horror Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs (2013), the VR fairy-tale So Let Us Melt (2017) and the open-world adventure Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture (2015), a Playstation 4 exclusive that won major awards across the world. This included an amazing 10 BAFTA nominations and 3 BAFTA wins.
In 2018, we joined the Sumo Digital family of studios. This new home will see us bring our passion and commitment to creating exciting original games within a network of studios renowned for quality and expertise. This enables us to expand and grow in ambition and confidence, taking our reputation for storytelling into new genres. We’ve already started work on one new title and are in discussions about a significant AAA project.
We’re looking for a very special team of developers, who can combine technical expertise with flair, creativity and the hunger to make world-class games. We’re very proud of our track record in diversity and particularly welcome applications from all corners of the industry to ensure this continues into the next chapter of the studio’s story. The Chinese Room was built on passion, on finding amazing people and letting them shine. If this sounds like somewhere you’d like to make games, then we’d love to hear from you.
The role @ The Chinese Room
We have an unmissable opportunity for a creative Technical Artist to join our Brighton studio.
Within this role you will:
• Collaborate with the team on technical solutions to deliver the art vision and drive the visual fidelity of the game
• Build-upon, create and maintain art pipelines, identifying and developing new tools and processes
• Help define and meet in-game asset budgets and optimise levels, meshes, materials, lighting, post-processes and vfx.
• Communicate effectively between art and code, providing guidelines, best practices and documentation for workflows etc.
• Keep up to date with new technologies and techniques, current game development practices and utilise this effectively in game production
|Salary||Based on experience|
|Job Category||Art / Animation|
|More||View other Sumo Digital jobs|
|Recruiter||This job is advertised on behalf of Sumo Digital using their internal reference f72603d5-8050-4898-ab0b-5c57c3199cda.|
|Apply for this job|