Art Director - SUMO NEWCASTLE
Games Jobs - Art / Animation - Newcastle
|Job Title||Art Director - SUMO NEWCASTLE|
|Job Category||Art Director|
|Job Description||Sumo Digital is one of the UK's most prolific game developers, enjoying over fifteen years of stability and growth. We have six UK studios; Sheffield, Newcastle, Nottingham, Leamington Spa, The Chinese Room in Brighton and Red Kite Games in Huddersfield, along with Sumo Video Games in Pune, India. It’s an exciting time to be part of Sumo; we are growing across all our studios to support a very bright and busy future.
Recent work includes Crackdown 3 (Microsoft), Hitman 2 (IO Interactive), LittleBigPlanet 3 (Sony), and our first self-published original title - Snake Pass. We are also incredibly proud to be working on the highly anticipated Team Sonic Racing (SEGA) and Dead Island 2 (Deep Silver/Koch Media) as well as unannounced ‘AAA’ projects for major publishers.
It’s an exciting time to be part of Sumo. After fifteen years of success, even bigger things are on the horizon, and we want you to be part of our continued journey. Join us!
The role @ Sumo
Sumo Newcastle is working on an unannounced third person action title and has a fantastic opportunity for an Art Director.
This person is passionate about all aspects of art and design. They will be responsible for defining the visual style and maintaining the quality standards of the projects that they’re involved in and will be actively involved in the day to day art production pipeline. This includes the design and development of artwork and supervision over environment, character, visual effects and animation.
It is the Art Director’s responsibility to work in conjunction with project directors and discipline leads to set quality standards using a profound knowledge of techniques and technical limitation requirements. They will work as a member of a highly experienced team with a proven record of delivering quality products. The ideal candidate will have a history of demonstrating an exceptional eye for detail, creative flair and the ability to effectively communicate artistic vision to their team. Solid communication skills are therefore a must, along with sound mentorship capabilities in order to help the art team learn and develop skills that will enable them to deliver high quality artwork throughout the project.
Within this role you will:
• Manage art teams to establish the visual content/art for each project.
• Take an active role in planning projects and project pitches.
• Ensure art teams have the proper techniques and tools to deliver top quality art on a project.
• Regularly review and provide feedback to art staff.
• Mentor and provide strong career guidance to art staff.
• Establish art staff best practices and methods.
We need you to have:
• 7+ years’ experience in game development
• At least 3 shipped titles
• 3 or more years’ experience in a leading art role
• Excellent knowledge of current game art production pipelines and practices
• The ability to gain and maintain an excellent knowledge of all the latest games in direct competition with the products that are being developed at the studio, ensuring that the quality levels of art are maintained
• A deep understanding of all art software packages used in studio
• Excellent knowledge of colour theory, composition and staging techniques
• Knowledge of possible future software packages that may help during production and the ability to bring them into the current workflow
• Working knowledge of engine and tool sets required to generate assets
Demonstrated Ability To:
• Produce finished art of an exceptional quality
• Provide effective solutions
• Take initiative and work effectively with no guidance
• Remain knowledgeable on current software
• Communicate clearly and effectively (written and oral)
• Define and maintain art production pipelines for efficiency and state of the art assets
|Salary||Based on experience|
|Job Category||Art / Animation|
|More||View other Sumo Digital jobs|
|Recruiter||This job is advertised on behalf of Sumo Digital using their internal reference c307eaed-9d38-4c3e-ac83-bd221810370d.|
|Apply for this job|