Director of Business Development
Games Jobs - Sales - Cambridge
|Job Title||Director of Business Development|
|Job Description||Company Overview:
A leader in creating deep and engaging experiences on PC and mobile, Jagex was founded in 2001 and is today one of the UK’s biggest and most respected video game developers and publishers.
Famed for its flagship MMOs RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, Jagex has welcomed more than 260million player accounts to its world and created a $1bn lifetime franchise revenue. Today the RuneScape franchise exists beyond running games in live operations; our titles are living games that connect and inspire millions of players, with content and experiences both inside and outside of inexhaustible game worlds.
Both RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, on PC and mobile, offer ever-evolving, highly-active worlds and our community-focussed development ethos empowers players to have a real say in how each game is shaped.
Jagex is expanding and extending its portfolio with fresh franchise titles, new IP and, in 2018 launched Jagex Partners, delivering third-party publishing and operational services exclusively for the living games of the future.
Jagex employs more than 360 people at its Cambridge headquarters and is on the hunt for talented people to work across the business to help the company to achieve yet another year of record growth and player satisfaction.
The Director of Business Development will be responsible for all inbound and outbound licensing, 2nd Party development evaluation, negotiation and management as well as the evaluation, acquisition and management of new titles for Jagex Publishing.
The role will own the development and execution of strategic and tactical plans to ensure the product’s success in the regions including initial evaluation of the title and owning and driving the Greenlight Process. Responsible for defining and implementing the processes and support required for new titles and managing and leading the organization that owns all aspects of the relationships with external game developers and other third parties, including negotiation of agreements, overall due diligence, project Greenlight etc.
The Director manages project communication and reporting with key stakeholders and executive management, as well as external stakeholders (partners and third parties). The position manages a team of business development managers, at various levels, and maintains oversight of all licensing, 2nd Party and 3rd party projects from evaluation to launch wither directly or as the leader of the virtual team.
• Drives the discovery, evaluation and acquisition of 3rd Party titles for JXP
• Working with internal stakeholders drives and manages the RFP and bid process for 2nd Party titles and cross functional evaluation of bids.
• Negotiates and finalizes terms for all licencing deals with the aim to meet or exceed revenue objectives.
• Owns the Greenlight process for 3rd Party titles.
• Manages the overall 3rd Party team including for the full lifecycle of the game.
• Manages a team who serve as the main contact with assigned external developers throughout the development and launch of 3rd Party titles
• Budget management against individual product P/L’s.
• Develop strong relationships to establish and maintain a reliable and timely flow of information and materials to all parties as necessary.
• Coordinates and liaises with all necessary departments and divisions to facilitate execution of projects and materials in a professional and client-centric manner.
• Keep all key stakeholders informed of product status and vision through the preparation and presentation of appropriate project materials.
• Participates in the due diligence process for external development partners.
• Other duties as assigned
• Extensive experience of building and managing strong relationships with Developers globally ideally at a Third Party/Second party level
• BA/BS Degree/MBA preferred
• Previous experience working on a market leading online game title, ideally MTX/MMORPG in focus
• Worked within a team, used to managing and delivery against multiple and complex projects
• Can work with multiple stakeholders to build consensus and create teamwork to achieve goals and success
• Strong leadership and management skills
• Strong communication and collaboration skills
• Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
• Analytical and Logical
• Innovative and creative
• Strong desire to be #1 and a ‘self-starter’
PLUSES: • MBA or graduate degree
• Bilingual in Chinese, French, German or other language
|Salary||Based on experience|
|More||View other Jagex Games Studio jobs|
|Recruiter||This job is advertised on behalf of Jagex Games Studio using their internal reference 7375835b-703a-4654-bf90-9adb0f13618a.|
|Apply for this job|