||At Rockstar Games, we create the games we would want to play ourselves.
A career at Rockstar is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding, large-scale projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a friendly, inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar London is on the lookout for talented Vegetation Artists who possess a passion for creating and texturing environmental vegetation assets. This is a full time permanent position based in Rockstar’s unique game development studio in the heart of London.
We are interested in hearing from both Junior and Mid-Level artists, and you must provide a portfolio through a webpage or other digital media to be considered.
WHAT WE DO
- We’re continuously using relevant references to create believable vegetation assets to add to our immersive game worlds.
- We collaborate closely together and with other areas of the environment art team to ensure our artwork harmoniously works within the space it’s in.
- We also tackle the technical side of asset creation, creating LODs, optimizing, setting up collision and rigs for our vegetation assets, and work alongside our in-house tools to ensure the assets make the most out of our engine.
- We’re constantly seeking innovative ways to improve our asset production pipeline, fine-tuning it for faster and aesthetically improved results.
- We always look for technologically affordable ways to add further layers of depth and detail to our assets throughout our games.
- 3D model, texture and create collision for game environment vegetation assets.
- Work closely with peers and other departments such as programming to ensure art assets are fully optimised for target platforms while minimising any impact on artistic integrity.
- Participate in R&D of new techniques to implement into the production pipeline.
- Proactively seek feedback from Lead Artist, Producer and Creative Director.
- Ensure that artistic style is consistent with defined visual style for the game, always referring back to references for the most realistic and believable outcome possible, technically and aesthetically.
- 1+ years of experience as a 3D artist within gaming or a similar industry.
- Strong 3D & 2D art skills with knowledge in 3ds Max, Photoshop, Substance or other current technologies utilized in the production of game art.
- Experience using Zbrush or an equivalent sculpting software.
- A proactive, can-do attitude, with an eagerness to learn new software tools and technologies.
- Possess a good knowledge of PBR workflow and shader techniques.
- Ability to work in a team setting, under deadlines and time constraints.
- A strong understanding of artistic composition, light and colour.
- Ability to work with a high degree of self-direction and motivation.
- Strong communication and time management skills.
- Able to prioritize and multi-task.
- Creative nature with strong problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge and experience with game engine pipelines such as Unreal or Unity.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Strong technical background with ability to grasp new programs and systems quickly would be advantageous.
- An ability in photography or the willingness to learn is highly desirable.
- Proficiency in SpeedTree.
- Experience using photogrammetry or photoscanned assets in production pipelines.
- Prior experience having shipped a game on PC or Console.
- An art degree or equivalent.
Please apply with a CV, Portfolio and cover-letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps, and guide you through the process.