Concept Artist - THE CHINESE ROOM
Games Jobs - Art / Animation - Anywhere
|Job Title||Concept Artist - THE CHINESE ROOM|
|Job Category||2D / Concept / Texture Artist|
|Job Description||The Chinese Room has established a reputation as one of the most creative and exciting studios in the UK. We’re proud to be internationally recognised as pioneers of storytelling with a flair for creating atmospheric, rich and imaginative games.
As a Sumo Digital studio, The Chinese Room is built on passion, on finding amazing people and letting them shine. It’s an exciting time to be part of Sumo, winners of the Develop: Star Awards 2019 Best Studio; big things are on the horizon. If this sounds like a place where you’d like to make games, then we’d love to hear from you.
The role @ Sumo
The Chinese Room are looking for a talented Concept Artist who will be responsible for creating and iterating on ideas, through hands-on creation of concept pieces, to drive the direction of a project or concept presentation whilst maintaining and championing the artistic vision of the Studio Directors alongside the Senior Concept Artists. It is essential to the position that the candidate is capable of stylistic diversity with the ability to rapidly generate ideas.
Within this role you will:
• Work alongside Senior Concept Artists creating and iterating on ideas whilst maintaining the artistic vision of the Project Art Director.
• Ensuring that work is delivered to spec and on time and working with production to create timings and briefs for internal and external teams.
• Work to specific briefs to provide the 3D artists with enough conceptual work to inform their work.
We need you to have:
• The ability to work in multiple artistic styles
• Fast concept and iteration of ideas across all aspects of the brief
• High levels of aesthetic ability, judgement and eye for detail
• Good composition, lighting and colour theory skills and appreciation
• Demonstrable talent across all concept disciplines in particular figurative, environment and object work.
• Good communication skills
• Self-initiating, confident approach to their work;
• Keen understanding of cultural influences beyond games, movies, books, TV, comics etc.
• Strong knowledge of Photoshop
• Highly passionate and self-motivated
• The ability to work with various styles of art on multiple projects
• Good verbal, visual and written communication skills
• Experience with 3D packages
|Salary||Based on experience|
|Job Category||Art / Animation|
|More||View other Sumo Digital jobs|
|Recruiter||This job is advertised on behalf of Sumo Digital using their internal reference e11a3fda-1832-4e61-b45d-7a70092b9891.|
|Apply for this job|