||This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it’s safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
OPM are working with an established studio located in Warsaw, Poland, who are seeking talented experienced designer with an excellent sense and knowledge of player control systems and combat character movement and behaviour, with a good understanding of modern AAA multiplayer titles.
- Outstanding knowledge of Unreal Engine 4
- Extensive experience in the production of games for consoles and PC, having previously hipped AAA shooters/TTP shooters titles in a similar senior role
- Ability to communicate and align design vision with internal partners and the target audience
- Exceptional ability to conceptualize, pitch, and implement game systems and features using various tools, technology, and visual language
- Extensive experience with online action games
- Strong English and/or Polish language skills
- Create, pitch and prototype gameplay ideas for core character combat, including player inputs, player character movement and behaviour in and out of combat, cover to cover movement and behaviour, hit impacts and player feedback, weapon and items handling, behaviour of abilities that include movement and cast animations
- Implement player character with animations and behaviour using animation blueprints, montages, visual effects & sound effects using various scripting systems in relationship between gameplay elements within the level and the overall game and all the ways the player can respond to gameplay elements
- Create designs documents, content briefs, system outlines, and other means of sharing all the necessary information with involved teams
- Full ownership of the produced function - from conceptual and paper design, through the prototyping phase, scripting, iteration, debugging, optimization - until delivery of the game
- Conduct playtest sessions for involved developers (level designers, artists, animators and programmers) to discuss and improve implemented prototypes
- Collaborate with multiple disciplines, ensuring the correct partners are involved and informed throughout the development process
- Remain current on industry trends, including new game genres, new game design methods and techniques, and trending audio visual excellence
- Familiar with scripting languages
- Strong maths skills
- Deep understanding of systems design, player psychology, and emerging industry trends
- Experience with versatile game development tools such as Unity and Unreal
- Private health care including dental treatment
- Relocation assistance
- In-company English language classes and Polish lessons for foreigners
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 415!